Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

matty76

We have Premium workspace but users are prompted for a Pro trial when trying to access the App

We have 3 Premium licenses and have a workspace set to Premium capacity. Reports have been published in an App from the premium workspace. Users within our organization are being prompted to sign up for the Free Pro Trial when accessing the App link. The documentation states that Users doe not need a Pro license to access a published App from a Premium workspace. 

We have added in all users as Members of the Premium workspace. 

Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @matty76 

It sounds like you have 3 Premium Per User (PPU) licences and a Workspace set as a PPU workspace. In which case your users will need a PPU licence to access the App or any content shared from the PPU workspace.

It's only the Premium Capacity licence which gives allows access by Power BI free licences.

Burningsuit_0-1657122369531.png

Check the workspace, and if it's not a Premium Capacity workspace you will need a Licence to access content.

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @matty76 

It sounds like you have 3 Premium Per User (PPU) licences and a Workspace set as a PPU workspace. In which case your users will need a PPU licence to access the App or any content shared from the PPU workspace.

It's only the Premium Capacity licence which gives allows access by Power BI free licences.

Burningsuit_0-1657122369531.png

Check the workspace, and if it's not a Premium Capacity workspace you will need a Licence to access content.

Hope this helps

Stuart

We are getting the same message requesting a premium license, but it happens when I try to go to the reports in the Pro Site, and I am a Pro licensed user.  I can see the premium sites also and get that same message there.  The reports are named the same, and I think that they copied the report from the premium site to the pro site.  Would any of that be causing the system to require me to upgrade from a pro license to a premium license? 

Hi @NikkiBA 

Yes, if the Dataset associated with the report is on a PPU workspace, the user will require a PPU licence to view any report using it, even if that report is on a Pro workspace.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Understood. The documentation was a little confusing. We'll likely revert to Pro licenses and have to purchase Pro for users who simply want to consume the reports the 3 report creators develop. 

Thanks
Matt

Hi @matty76 

You need to be aware that if your 3 users put content on a PPU workspace (larger datasets, faster refreshes, 48 refreshes per day etc. ) Other users will need a PPU licence to view that content on the PPU workspace. 

Pro users can access Pro workspaces only, PPU licences can acess PPU workspaces and Pro workspaces.

Dependant on your number of users, and the benefit you get from PPU, you'll need everyone to have a PPU licence. But if you're not using the PPU features, then everyone just needs a Pro licence.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors