Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gururajhs

We encountered an unexpected error - Power BI Service Dataflow

Dear Support team,

I am getting following error while opening or editing Dataflow.

"We encountered an unexpected error". Is this a know issue and any workaround?  

Regards

Raj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

This has noithing to do with too long exception. This is no exception. Just a Session ID and the above error message.
Look at the comment section of your Blog. Another user also reported about August Gateway update causing this error: 
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/on-premises-data-gateway-august-2021-update-is-now-availabl...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,  @gururajhs 

Could you please tell me whether your problem has been solved?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @gururajhs 

Are you facing a error of not being able to edit dataflow with Mashup_too_long exception?

This may be related to a known issue and the fix should roll out to all regions by this week.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Anonymous
Not applicable

This has noithing to do with too long exception. This is no exception. Just a Session ID and the above error message.
Look at the comment section of your Blog. Another user also reported about August Gateway update causing this error: 
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/on-premises-data-gateway-august-2021-update-is-now-availabl...

Hi SamRock

Thanks for pointing to the august gateway link. We also using august version of dateway. The issue could be related to August version of on prem Gateway. I have also raised support ticket with Microsoft support team. I will keep you posted once I hear back from support team.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you update your Gateway to the latest (Aug 2021) release by any chance? 
We are seeing this error since this morning and only thing we updated was the Onprem Gateway. 

I am able to open and edit Dataflows that does not use a Gateway.

Also tested a Dataflow that uses an Older version of Gateway, and that works fine!

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Ouch. Dataflows is not very friendly with messages. You can do two workarounds.

1- Refresh the data inside the Dataflow transform data tool and check if something comes up. If everything is ok, try sorting all tables by a column (usually sorting will let the engine check for each value to bring on the top 1000 rows that it's showing and there might be an error on a row that's not the first 1000)

2- If you can't find the error there. You can always copy the table or code (from advanced editor) to a power bi desktop file transform data menu. The Desktop app is way more friendly with error messages. The close & apply will explain the issue.

I hope one of those help you.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors