Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tcocaro
Regular Visitor

We couldn't install Xero

I get the following issue when i try to connect XERO to POWER BI for the first time, I have tried using EDGE\CHROME and the same error. The error seems to point to a random line item transaction (a brush purchase) but cannot explain how POWER BI treats this as a duplicate and XERO doesnt . It seems to imply the XERO data is corrupted but surely not? - anyone else face this issue would love to hear from you.

Data source errorColumn 'Code' in Table 'Items' contains a duplicate value '1662336' and this is not allowed for columns on the one side of a many-to-one relationship or for columns that are used as the primary key of a table. Table: Items.
Activity ID19653696-ff0c-48f3-9471-886edc6e834c
Correlation IDc6850b9b-2fcf-899c-bdd4-a195b8a2b04d
Request ID5927ad9b-d5f6-f2a4-0311-8a999bf813f9
Status code400
TimeTue May 08 2018 09:48:31 GMT+1000 (AUS Eastern Standard Time)
Version13.0.5172.221
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tcocaro,

As the error message mentioned, there is a duplicate value '1662336' in column "Code" of table "Items". I would suggest you go to the Xero side, after ensure the column "Code" values are distinct then import Xero content pack again in Power BI.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tcocaro,

As the error message mentioned, there is a duplicate value '1662336' in column "Code" of table "Items". I would suggest you go to the Xero side, after ensure the column "Code" values are distinct then import Xero content pack again in Power BI.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the reply @v-qiuyu-msft, I think my issue was that I assumed that Xero wouldnt allow for its own data to be corruped and instead assumed that the issue resided with the integration between POWER BI and XERO. I then looked more closely into Xero and realised it allows for duplicate Inventory items using the same CODE????, I deleted the one offending item (a Paint Brush) of all things and then everything worked fine.

Thanks for your reply, this issue is now resolved.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors