Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

IoT
Regular Visitor

We couldn't connect to your workbook from OneDrive - Business

I have an data model from PowerPivot in Excel that I used to create a report in PowerBI (Desktop)

My workbook is saved on my One Drive, but when I added measures/updated the Data Model in excel the connections to PowerBI broke.  Based on this article I need to upload to the web version of PowerBI and select "Connect, Manage and View Excel in PowerBI" to allow a live link between the two Data Models. When I tried to do that I got this error:

Power BI couldn't connect to this workbook. Please try again later.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Power BI couldn't connect to this workbook. Please try again later.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity IDafd36ae8-4f1d-4536-88ff-465b85fcf105
Request ID2dede169-eaa5-bae8-0bfa-dbd6ed365122
Correlation IDf975c68b-a75f-94d2-bd48-8228d71f8e0f
Status code400
TimeFri May 26 2017 09:55:00 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Version13.0.1700.2227

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Most of the tables in my data model are uploaded from tables in Excel. I do have some tables that pull through Power Query from SalesForce, but I've done the exact same thing in PowerBI without issue.

The workaround I used was publishing my workbook (in Excel) to Office365. This doesn't maintain a live link, but I can refresh in PowerBI (online) and the data model updates.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IoT,

I test with normal excel file(onedrive) without any issue, so I think your data models are from other data sources, right? It may caused the issue.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Most of the tables in my data model are uploaded from tables in Excel. I do have some tables that pull through Power Query from SalesForce, but I've done the exact same thing in PowerBI without issue.

The workaround I used was publishing my workbook (in Excel) to Office365. This doesn't maintain a live link, but I can refresh in PowerBI (online) and the data model updates.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors