Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

caseycook
Helper I
Helper I

We could not register this data source for any gateway instances within this cluster.

While attempting to add a new SQL Server datasource to our On-Prem gateway I received the following error message:

Unable to connect: We encountered an error while trying to connect to . Details: "We could not register this data source for any gateway instances within this cluster. Please find more details below about specific errors for each gateway instance."Hide details

Error Code: DMTS_PublishDatasourceToClusterErrorCode

Underlying error message: Error occurred while decoding OAEP padding.

I have:

• Verified that the credentials have access to the database.
  • Restarted the gateway
  • Used sysadmin credentials
  • Updated to July realase of Gateway

I have the gateway logs available.   However, I don't see a way to attach them here.

6 REPLIES 6
caseycook
Helper I
Helper I

Sorry for the late response.  I ended up reaching out to Microsoft support.  They had to restart our environment.

djrome13
Frequent Visitor

Casey,

Did you find a resolution for this? We are experiencing it as well. Thanks!

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @caseycook,

Was on-premise data gateway installed on the same machine as SQL Server database hosted?

If it is convenient, please upload a screenshot for your details error message, so that I could find the cause for this issue.

For reference, you could have a view of this similar thread which has been solved.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

No, gateway is not on the same SQL server.  However, existing connections are still pulling data.

Error.JPG

Hi @caseycook,

As SQL Server and on-premise data gateway exist on different machines, can you verify from the machine host the data gateway can access the SQL Server Database, make sure those two machines can communicate each other. 

Also check if your network requires proxy, if it does, please follow this article to finish settings.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @caseycook,

If you want to share files, put them in Google Drive/Dropbox/OneDrive and post a download link.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors