Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ronnie7
Helper II
Helper II

We cannot convert the value "[Table]" to type Table.

Hi, I'm unable to refresh the dataset in PoweBI web app. i get the following error:
We cannot convert the value "[Table]" to type Table.
My data Source is Odata feed (Project Online)
In PowerBI Desktop i have no issues at all and the data is being refreshed. It's only in the web app, it just happened today even though i didn't change anything in the last couple of days. I have seen some posts of people who ran (still running into this issue). This "Combine data" thing is irrelevant as i don't have a gatway... Can anyone please help with that? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Ronnie7,

As the issue only occurs on Power BI service, but not on Power BI Desktop, have you tried removing the entire dataset from Power BI service first, then republishing it from Power BI Desktop to see if it works?Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG, this is it. This was my case - I used a mix of Sharepoint sources with a dataflow, and dataflow was set to Private, while all others were Organizational.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Erik, I tried that when the problem ovcured initially, but in my case that did not solve the problem.

Same error here. SQL Server on prem via gateway with one Excel file in Sharepoint.

• Tried setting perms to Organizational for all of them. No good.
  • Nothing is nested. It is a very simple set of tables and queries with a final join at the end to bring in the Excel data into the last query step.
  • Removing from the Power BI Service and republishing did nothing (other than mess up associated Flows 😕 )
  • As of right now, it is stuck in a perpetual refresh. Normally takes under a minute. Now at 12 and counting. I'll jsut have to wait and see what happens later.

All that to say, mashups with Sharepoint don't seem to have been thoroughly debuged.

It is too bad we cannot link directly to a file on sharepoint via the file URL vs having to go to the sharepoint directory, then drill down to the file with filters. Not sure it would fix this issue, but it might, and would definitely make my life easier.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Anyone?

Help please

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors