Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

j_t0418
Frequent Visitor

We cannot convert the value "[Table]" to type Table error on merged query

I'm receiving the below error when trying to refresh a report on PowerBi Service. The error is coming from a query where I have merged an Excel table with a Azure Sql Database table. The report refreshes just fine on Desktop and I've even removed it from Service and tried re-uploading. Nothing seems to work.

There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.Hide details
Message:	We cannot convert the value "[Table]" to type Table. Table: InsightProviderPerformance.
Cluster URI:	WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @j_t0418,

Could you share the details error message? You could share the screenshots of the error message.

In addition, do you configure the Data Gateway and add data source in Power BI Service? 

Besides, how do you connect Azure Sql Datebase, Import or Direct Query?

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Cherry,

Thanks for reaching out.

Everything is configured in the cloud and not via Data Gateway. Also, our Azure Sql Database is connected via Import.

Error message details are listed in initial post with the exception of the activity and request ids.

Thank You!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors