Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SasiKumar

We can't finish signing you up. Your IT department has turned off signup for Microsoft Power BI.

Hello PBI Team,

I created a powerbi account with my organisational domain mail ID and registered for powerbi trial for 60 days and published a Report and shared the group workspace with my collegues and most of the team members are able to sign up but few members are not able to sign up for powerbi and the following error is what we ended up with.

"We can't finish signing you up.
Your IT department has turned off signup for Microsoft Power BI. Contact them to complete signup"

Note : We are using Exchange server for out mails.

Any advice on this is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
SasiKumar

Hi PowerBI Team,

We created a free powerbi account, enabled 60 day trial, published a report in group workspace and shared it with few of our team members and most of them were able to sign up for free but few members were not able to sign up due to the following reason.

"We can't finish signing you up.
Your IT department has turned off signup for Microsoft Power BI. Contact them to complete signup"

Note : The only clash with microsoft account i see is our mail accounts are from exchange server.

Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Are these team members literally in the same organisation and sitting next to you ? Or are they in a different location/country ?

Signup for Microsoft Power BI is either enabled or disabled for a while organisation. You do not pick and choose who gets access.

I know this sounds silly, but make sure they are signing up with the same organisation as you.... ie. @companyname.com.au

I have run into the same problem when users tried signing in with their personal email accounts.

Cheers,

D

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors