Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Vizualization not working in Power BI

Hi, 

I have an issue whit built-in vizualizations that are not working in Power BI Service, but are working in Power BI Desktop. This was working one month ago just fine, but as it seems new update has an issue with it. 

Power BI Vizualization is first picture,  Power BI Desktop vizualization is the second picture. 

PowerBI issue.pngPowerBIDesktop issue.png

What I have done is just publish report to PBI. 

Do you have any idea how to solve this? And this is not only case that I have issue. 

Regards, 
Borut

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

This is a known issue. Please see below response from PG team:

We have a fix ready. This issue is specific to categorical charts (Cartesian, donut/pie/treemap) that have a primary and secondary (Legend) grouping, and have dynamic formatting coming from an AS MD model. We plan to fix PROD on Thursday.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

1. Please create a new report use line chart visual from the same dataset in Power BI service, check if data can be visualized correctly. 

2. Which data source used in the dataset? If it requires gateway, please update the gateway to the latest version. 

3. Please update the Power BI desktop to the latest version, then republish the report again. 

4. Please click Refresh button in report page to see if any data load in line chart. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have done all the suggestions, but with no luck. Any other solution? Do you have the same issue or not? 

Hi @Anonymous,

This is a known issue. Please see below response from PG team:

We have a fix ready. This issue is specific to categorical charts (Cartesian, donut/pie/treemap) that have a primary and secondary (Legend) grouping, and have dynamic formatting coming from an AS MD model. We plan to fix PROD on Thursday.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Thank you. I will let you know tomorrow. 

Hi @Anonymous, 

Is the issue gone in your environment now? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

That looks like a support ticket kind of issue.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors