These days the interaction between the visuals in the service (and in the Windows app) behaves quite strangely. For instance, I have a horizontal slicer and a matrix (matrix filtered based on the slicer selections). When I select an item from the slicer, sometimes the matrix data are not filtered based on the selection. I have observed the same with the map visuals and a matrix - selecting a region from the map sometimes does not filter the matrix data. Strange enough - the other visuals on the page are filtered correctly.
Is this a bug in the current build of the service?
Solved! Go to Solution.
You said that it sometimes doesn't filter the data, so this should not be the problem: but did you perhaps change the visual interaction settings between the matrix and the slicer?
@Admins: I've posted an empty reply on accident above this post. Should not be possible ofcourse.
@MCarmiggelt, thanks for your reply.
I have catched the possible bug in the attached screenshot.
So basically I have a report with a horizontal slicer for month/year. Initially I select "Dec 2015" and as seen in the screenshot, one matrix is not filtered and shows data for Dec 2015 and Jan 2016. Then (without changing the report and the iteraction between the elements), I have pressed again "Dec 2015" for clearing the filter and then pressed "Dec 2015" for setting it as a filter. Just then the matrix data were filtered correctly.
This is something that happens quite often, but not always.
Any ideas for solving will be more than welcome. Or if this is a bug, it would be nice the PowerBI team to say they will fix it soon.
This is a bug. Make sure to submit bug reports with the built in feedback menu options in the Service and Desktop.
It's great to share on the forums to get help and other opinions, but the forums are not the official bug submission medium.
Hi @Tishchenko and many thanks. I checked your suggestion and you are absolutely right - the bug occurs when auto-size of the columns is off.
As kindly advised here, I registered the case, the guys tried to reproduce it with no success. Then I sent them a sample pbix where this bug is seen and I was waiting for their reply. I will send them the link to this thread with your observation and hope the team to fix the bug in the next releases.
PS: I follow your posts in the community and I do believe that the PowerBI team has to give you a special award for finding bugs and for giving awesome ideas!