Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Visuals are not updating with the latest data after the refresh got completed

Hello Everyone,

My report is working on Import mode and i am refreshing my report daily through API.

Once the refresh got completed, the dataset is getting updated with the latest data. But the visuals are not automatically updating. 

PFB screenshot for your reference: 

Capture.PNG

For Example, today's date is 28 November 2018. We are using max(date) as "Most Recent Date" and it got selected always in the slicer as shown in the above pic. So, once the refresh got completed, while opening the report for the first time or so, all the above tables should show data for 28 November 2018 automatically.

But, here after the refresh got completed, while opening the report for the first time, the visuals are not showing the latest data/date i.e.,28 November 2018, instead it is showing some older dates randomly as shown in the above pic. 

Either after changing some old dates and then selecting "Most Recent Date" from the slicer or refreshing the report link once, then the visuals are getting updated with the latest data/date. 

While openign for the first time, How we should enforce that 2nd,3rd and 4th table also showing latest data/date automatically without changing the dates from the slicer or refreshing the report link. 

Thanks,

Surendar V

2 REPLIES 2
souldiv
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue. I have slicers with dates (between).

When you add the slicer in development the latest date is presented (the maximum date). My data is refreshed on daily basis..Then you publish the slicer period is not refreshing . Also if sliders are enable the right side is not on the limit

To me it sounds like a bug

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Surendar,

That depends on how you create your report. 

What is the slicer? I can't find a similar one. I would suggest you try the Relative mode of the slicer. Please refer to the snapshot below.

Visuals-are-not-updating-with-the-latest-data-after-the-refresh-got-completed

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors