Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TrayH
Regular Visitor

Visualize this list gives me an access denied, even though I have full control on the SP list

I am fairly new to Power BI so I feel like I'm missing something here.

I am the admin of this environment, and have started using Power Apps and Power Automate fairly heavily. I wanted to start offering customers ways to visualize the data they have in their SharePoint lists, but I've found that "Visualize this list" is giving me the following access denied. I've been able to repro this on multiple lists that I've tried:

TrayH_3-1676480259553.png

TrayH_2-1676480223602.png

I can manually connect to these lists just fine through Power BI desktop, but for some reason visualize the list isn't working. As mentioned I have full control on the list, which is located on a SharePoint site that I created and am the owner of. I already confirmed this is enabled in the admin center:

TrayH_1-1676480116476.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I totally forgot I had come across this before, but it appears this is a known issue with lists that are not connected to Teams. We do not use Teams in our environment, so I guess we're out of luck - SharePoint Online Lists - Navigation - Integrate -... - Microsoft Power BI Community

TrayH_0-1676486029994.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jaweher899
Super User
Super User

Based on the error message you are receiving, it seems that there may be an issue with the permissions or access levels for your SharePoint list. Even though you have full control on the list and are the owner of the SharePoint site, there may still be other factors at play that are preventing you from using the "Visualize this list" feature in Power BI.

One thing to check is whether the SharePoint list has been set up with the necessary permissions and access levels for Power BI to connect to it. You may need to grant specific permissions or access to the Power BI service or app in order to enable it to connect to the list.

Another thing to check is whether the data sources you are using to connect to the SharePoint list are properly configured and authenticated. Power BI may require additional authentication or credentials to access the data in the list.

You may also want to check the Power BI service settings and configuration to ensure that all necessary features and options are enabled and configured correctly.

If you are still experiencing issues with the "Visualize this list" feature, it may be helpful to consult the Power BI community forums or reach out to Microsoft support for further assistance.

I totally forgot I had come across this before, but it appears this is a known issue with lists that are not connected to Teams. We do not use Teams in our environment, so I guess we're out of luck - SharePoint Online Lists - Navigation - Integrate -... - Microsoft Power BI Community

TrayH_0-1676486029994.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors