Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Visualisations show blank on data refresh - SharePoint List

Hi there,

I have a dataset from a sharepoint list. One of the columns in the SP list is a boolean column (true/false). When i uploaded this to service, it all looked fine, but on data refresh the visualisations showed 'blank'. After some research, decided to create a calculated column from the boolean column to show 0/1s instead of true/false. All looks fine in desktop and uploads fine, but now when the data is refreshed, one visualisation based on the new column shows 'blank' whilst the other shows the data. Can't figure out why, since the two visualisations are exacly the same except one shows the count of '1's' and one shows the count of '0's'. It would be amazing if someone can tell me either:

- how can i get the visualisations to show up info after data refresh in PowerBI Service on the original boolean column; OR

- how i can get the visualisations to show up info after data refresh in PoweBI Service on the calculated columns. 

Any help much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
jbreit123
Employee
Employee

Having the same issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there,

I managed to fix this myself. The data i was referencing was collected from an app that had a Yes/No selection, so boolean data. The way i fixed it is that in PowerBI Desktop, I went into 'Edit Queries'. Once in there, select the data column you are having issues with and go to "Data Type" in the upper right hand side of the ribbon. From the dropdown, select the appropriate data type (the default selection seems to be 'any'). The column will update (you'll know it's worked because the data will be in italics). From there, the refresh should work fine. For some reason, if the data type isn't selected correctly for some data types, PowerBI is unable to pull the data through the gateway. Hope that helps fix your problem.....

C

v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

I wonder if there are some error message during the refresh. I'd like to suggest you refer the following two links.

Create a report on a SharePoint List 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/The-HasUniqueRoleAssignments-column-does-not-exist-in-the-rowset/td-p/174257

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors