Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

denpries
Resolver I
Resolver I

Visualisation problem on the service : differences in options with desktop

Below image says it all.... i see differences in options, and therefore how it is rendered on the service, between power bi desktop and the service since today. The text and icon property of the button now have four margin settings, not available in the desktop and the values taken over lead to issues. See below image. 

This might be related to the fix rolled out for this yesterday: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Power-BI-Formatting-Issue-Titles-White-Borders-in-Service/m...

denpries_0-1632125922800.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Today there was an update to SEP 2021 version. In this version the options also appear.

I was under the impression that desktop and service are always in line, but it seems not to be the case.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
IfYouBuildIt
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same problem. Button text is now different between PBI desktop and the service. I also see additional settings in the service now (4x margin), but only "padding" in desktop.

Today there was an update to SEP 2021 version. In this version the options also appear.

I was under the impression that desktop and service are always in line, but it seems not to be the case.

yelper
Employee
Employee

Hi denpries -- is this fixed if you change top-margin to 4 (or really, anything much less than 40)?  We try to keep the margin setting you customized, but it seems that previously we weren't respecting the 40 you set.  Now that we are (as a bug fix), the text is being pushed out of the button's viewport.

Hi there. Yes of course, that fixes the issue. I have done that in the mean time. 

The real issue is now that there are different option sets in the power bi service (4x a margin setting) while in desktop i only have a setting 'padding'.  Is there now a version delta between the service and latest powerbi desktop?

confirmed, latest downloadable version 2.96.1061.0 does not have the margin setting options for buttons....

mdent
Frequent Visitor

This is really interesting, as all of my icons have been messed up after MS's fix for 'titles'  - I suspect this is related.

I have disparity between what I see in PBI Service and Desktop - However, this week, on different elements. Urrrgggg.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors