Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dobregon
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Visual shows an error in a embeded Report in a website

Hi!

I have a BI report in the PowerBI service, but the report is shared using a embed link to a website or portal, so, my clients access to the report inside a window in my company portal instead of using the PowerBI service url.

The problem is:

I have a page with some visuals, one visual is a table matrix with all the info, levels, etc. the page has slicer and some page filters in the filter pane. When i use the report inside my portal (not powerbi service) and I apply some filters the table matrix has an error but not the other visuals; and it is not a problem in the filters (i think) because if we apply again the filter the table show the values correctly, is like the first time produces an error but the next time not.

It is curious becasue if i do the same in the powerbi service i dont have any problems, so it seems something in the embeded or cache problem or i dont know.

Could someone help me?
Kind regards!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)
3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @dobregon ,

I think you are using 'publish to web' features to share your report, right? If this is a case, I'd like to suggest you take a look at below document about limitations:

Publish to web from Power BI 
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the response @v-shex-msft .

Yes.. i'm using embed a report in a security portal Embed a report in a secure portal or website , i don't know if it follows the same limitationes/rules than Publish to web.

In the publish to web i can see something that worries me and it is 
"
Updates to reports, and data refresh

After you create your Publish to web embed code and share it, the report is updated with any changes you make, and the embed code link is immediately active. Anyone who opens the link can view it. After this initial action, however, updates to reports or visuals can take approximately one hour before becoming visible to your users. To learn more, see the How it works section later in this article.

"

It seems that some features could be not performing well during the next 1h after an updated of features in the bi report. is it correct?

But in reality i dont have the problems now.. and im doing some upload to replicate the problems (and the report is the same) and dont have any problems, it could be possible that last week the powerbi service didnt perform well in embeded reports? i dont have any explanation about that and im confuse..

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

Hi @dobregon ,

It seems like you are working with 'power bi embedded' feature instead of 'publish to web' so limitations who of 'publish to web' feature should not exist on 'power bi embedded' side. 

What is Power BI Embedded?  
According to your description, it seems like related to data cache/load, any specific settings enabled on your dataset?
If not, you can open a ticket to contact power bi support with further support. (e.g ask them to check the backend of data loading or data center statues)

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors