Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Visual reached memory usage limit

Hello all. 

I publish a powerbi desktop report to web. One of the visual is generated with Python. All visuals including python visual were showing up fine but suddenly Python backened visual stopped working with an error message (The visual reached the memory usage limit) . All other visual are still showing. Note that all the visual are working fine in desktop.

Looking into 'Manage storage' I see I am using just 518 MB out of 10 GB. 

I appreciate your help 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
zoloturu
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Anonymous ,

I recommend you to analyze RAM usage of the report in Desktop using Performance Analyzer/SQL Server Profiler/DAX Studio.

Also, try to publish the report without failed visual, check if that works. Try to filter data in PowerQuery and load such report to web with the visual, check that as well.

General Power BI memory limits (Import mode):

* In Desktop - limited to your PC RAM (which is shared with other opened programs as well)

* In Service - limited to RAM of the capacity where you store your report (Shared, Premium and Embedded). As I see you use generic default capacity. It means you share RAM with many other people in your region. Usually user has 1-3 GB of RAM in this case. Each specific visual in Import mode requires it, and when you press refresh dataset in web then usage multiplies 2 times

Python visuals limits in Power BI Service:

ONSTRAINT LIMIT

Dataframe size150,000 rows
250MB when serialized in CSV format
Execution time60 seconds
Memory consumption1 GB
Disk I/O1 GB/sec
Image size for a visual in PNG format2 MB

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/ru-ru/blog/python-visualizations-in-power-bi-service/

Regards,
Ruslan Zolotukhin (zoloturu)
BI Engineer at Akvelon Inc. / Kharkiv Power BI User Group Leader / DAX & Power BI Trainer
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
It was useful? Press Thumbs Up!

You are from Ukraine? If yes then welcome to Power BI User Group - KhPUG website. Other country? Check and find proper one - Power BI User Groups

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello zoloturu 🙂

I am trying to follow your instruction. So far no success 🙂

On performance anlyser pane the numbers for all the visuals are. The last one is from problematic python visual

prb.JPG

Further i checked i am well within python visual limits on service (517 MB used). And my visual is using about 1050 rows of data. 

How do you make sure or force the desktop to publish without any failed visuals? Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

And do you think the numbers from performance analyser are bad?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors