Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

globster19
Frequent Visitor

Visual has exceeded available resources error

I have created a live model/report to show inventory differences between 2 systems. In the table/visual I have product, description, a few other columns and then both system's quantity, and then a column with the qty difference between the two (via a measure). When I do not filter at all, nothing is wrong when I publish to the service. However I would like to only show products where the qty difference is not 0 (<>0), and when I filter by this in the desktop and publish to the service, I get the "Visual has exceeded available resources" error in the service.

I have seen some posts on this, but none that are dealing with a live model and I assume this is the reason why the filtering is causing the issue, since it publishes to the service fine when no filters are applied.

Any help/insights would be great. Thank you!

EDIT: There is only one table that the model is pulling from, so there are no relationships needed or anything like that.

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @globster19 

My assumption is going to be because in order to filter it has to check the entire table for <> 0 and this means it has to put the entire table in memory.

What if instead on the column where you have QTY, you create another column in Power Query which says 'if [QTY] <> 0 then "Zero", Else "Many" '

Then in your table put in the above column and put the filter as "Many"?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thank you for the response @GilbertQ ,

However since my report is live connected to the model, I cannot use power query via transform data. Any other ideas of how I can get around that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors