Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dcao
Frequent Visitor

Visual filters keep defaulting when I drilldown on another visual

Let's say I click on the date and then drilldown on Delivery Representatives

dcao_0-1629258830883.png

Why doI lose my filter on that date after the drilldown? This doesn't happen in the desktop

dcao_1-1629258895653.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @dcao 

This is by design. This visual interaction behavior is different from that of the slicer. It is temporary and cannot be saved. Just as you switch the report page, the visual interaction will also be reset.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @dcao 

Not quite sure what you mean, but I think you could try editing the report in powerbi service. Please recreate and save visualization and see if the error still exists.

77.png

Best Regards,

Ok, let's say I click on a date on the line chart on the left and then right click and drilldown on Delivery

Representatives on the chart on the right 

dcao_0-1629815420897.png

After the drilldown on Delivery Representatives, the filter on the line chart is gone

dcao_1-1629815582683.png

Hi, @dcao 

This is by design. This visual interaction behavior is different from that of the slicer. It is temporary and cannot be saved. Just as you switch the report page, the visual interaction will also be reset.

Best Regards,

I don't understand, you're saying this is done by design?  Up until this point, when you filter on something, and then drilldown in another visual, it would hold that filter from the original visual.  It still works that way in PBI Desktop, I don't understand why it would be any different in service.  This seems more like a bug than a feature and it's been happening for weeks now in service.

Hi, @Nexter 

I'm sorry if you misunderstood my point.

The visual highlighting filter is temporary (it's by design). Once you click on another object/switch pages, it resets.

Here is the result of my test, at least everything works fine on my end. I searched the recent forum issues again, and didn't find any threads with similar problems.

22.png

24.png

I'm not sure if the problem you are encountering is a bug or a result of inconsistency caused by your personal error, so I suggest creating a support ticket to verify with Microsoft PowerBI Support Team.

Best Regards,

@v-easonf-msft 
Someone else with the same issue with a Microsoft response saying this is indeed a bug:

Bug? Drill down not maintaining Cross-filtered val... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Hi,  @Nexter 

I can't reproduce your problem on my side (my data is stored in Central US / West Central US).

It appears that only some specific regions were impacted by the incident.

The bug fix may be in the deployment queue, please be patient. 

4.png

5.png

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors