Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

alextas
Regular Visitor

Visual failing to load due to function I'm not using

I work for an irrigation development company. The visual in question is a matrix with information like dam names, water storage levels, differences, and so on.

On the online report, the visual fails to load with the following error message:Screenshot from 2017-08-23 12-08-49.png

This does not happen in the desktop version of PowerBI and the visual loads fine.

I'm not using the ADDMISSINGITEMS function anywhere in the report, and only one table has a column named 'Dam Type' (which the visual has a lookup for). The table is constructed with the formula 

DataDamCW = FILTER(DataDamAll, NOT(ISBLANK([Dam ID])) && RELATED(Calendar[IsCurrentWeek]))

and the table containing 'Dam Type' has a *:1 relation on DamDataAll.

I don't know when this issue started as I was on leave when it first occurred, but it may have been sometime around April or May (definitely after Feburary).

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alextas,

Can you share some detail contents about this issue?(For e.g. datasource, connection modle, formulas...)

It is hard to reproduce your issue without any detail information.

In addition, you can also try to use below formula to filter non blank related records if it suitable for your requirement:

DataDamCW = CALCULATETABLE(DataDamAll, Values(Calendar[IsCurrentWeek]),ALLNOBLANKROW('DataDamAll'[Dam ID]))

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

The data sources are a SharePoint list (dam info, the lookup table) and an Excel spreadsheet hosted on SharePoint (for the actual data). The current week data is a filtered version of the Excel data.

Below are the relations between the relevant tables:

- DataDamCW and InfoDam are linked on Dam ID/ID, a unique integer for each dam.

- InfoDam and DataDamAll are linked on Dam ID;

- DamDataAll and CalendarMeasures are connected on the date.

Screenshot from 2017-08-24 13-32-18.png

I'm not too sure what to include for formulas, since most of the calculated columns on each table aren't relevant for the matrix that's having issues. I've included the formula for DataDamCW in the original post.

Your provided formula unfortunately breaks my relationships (likely not the ones in this network), so it doesn't accept it, but thanks.

Hi @alextas,

If you modify the 'cross filter direction' option to 'both', does this issue appears again?

Since I can't reproduce your issue, you can also try to submit a ticket for further support.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors