Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

danielgajohnson
Helper II
Helper II

Visual displaying different results on Service than on Desktop

Hi All,

I can't figure this one out. Here is what my visual looks like on the desktop app:

Desktop.PNG

And here's what it looks like in the cloud service:

Service.PNG

Neither visual has any filters applied to it. What am I missing???

5 REPLIES 5
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @danielgajohnson ,

Whether the value in the axis in your line chart is the source data or a calculated column? You can change the line chart to a table visual to see if it also differs in Desktop and Service.

In Power BI Services, UTC date time will change. If the dax function uses Today() or Now() these functions may encounter this problem, because Power BI Desktop uses our native language, and Power BI Services uses the language of the region where the account is located.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yanjiang-msft The Time Block data is from a DAX table, but it doesn't use Today() or Now(), it just converts the numbers between 1 and 1440 into a time of day. The Y-Axis is calculated using the raw data, and the column used for that measure is a date/timestamp. I'm also a little confused because the data is coming out of our database in EST, and my PBI Service should also be in EST as I'm in New York. What am I missing?

Hi @danielgajohnson ,

The region of your tenant is not certainly the location your company stayed, it's the region your tenant first been created, you can check your tenant region by this artical.

How can I check where my tenant and different workloads are located? 

Our old friend named Windows PowerShell would help us to get this information.  So to check where your tenant is located, first open PowerShell, connect it ot the Microsoft Online Service and to an Exchange Online session.

First you can run: Get-Mailbox -identity user@domain.com | FL 

This cmdlet will retrieve a long list of attributes. Here you may take a look at “OrganizatinalUnit”, which in my case is indicating an European server:

We can also check in this list for the attribute “OriginatingServer”, which in my case is a server located in the Amsterdam data center.

If you are running this cmdlets against a tenant that is provisioned in the US, the values would also indicate pretty clear that the mailbox is located in an US data center.

Also if mailboxes are located there, there is a 99,99% chance that also Sharepoint data and Skype for Business data is located in the same region.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @danielgajohnson 

Check these out, it could be either one:

Solved: Desktop & Service renders differently - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Desktop & Service renders differently - Microsoft Power BI Community

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

@aj1973 thanks for the reply. You sent the same link twice, was there another post with a similar problem? The one you sent wasn't the same problem I'm having.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors