Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gwoodley

Visual Interactions help

Hi I have four visuals setup as follows;

Picture 1.JPG

If I click on the map or "Global Breakdown" Chart the "E-Learning" & "Who Works in this Region / Country" charts adjust as expected.

The problem I have is I then want to be able to select different name listed within the "Who works in this Region / Country" chart one after another to adjust the e-learning chart to see teh status on a person by person level, this works but the names in listed within the "Who Works in this Region / Country" Chart resets back to show everyone in the world so I have to press the country again to get back to the filtered chart. Is there a way I can stop this?

Hope that makes sense, apoloigies if this is simple but I'm new to Power Bi.

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @gwoodley 

When you select one data component ( ex: country in your case), all other visuals will be filtered based on the cross filter direction in your datamodel (and Edit interaction setup in the page). When you selct the another data component, Power BI releases the existing filter and will start filtering based on the latest selection ( in your case who works?). 

You need to press control key to include second data component in the selection. ( Click the "India" first + press control key + select the who works? component).

Thanks
Raj

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @gwoodley 

When you select one data component ( ex: country in your case), all other visuals will be filtered based on the cross filter direction in your datamodel (and Edit interaction setup in the page). When you selct the another data component, Power BI releases the existing filter and will start filtering based on the latest selection ( in your case who works?). 

You need to press control key to include second data component in the selection. ( Click the "India" first + press control key + select the who works? component).

Thanks
Raj

Thanks Raj,

That really was easy🤔

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors