Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PHDurand
Helper I
Helper I

Visual Headers

Hi all,

I have an issue with visual headers.

When building my dataset on PBI desktop, I checked the option to have the new visual headers.

Options checked in DesktopOptions checked in Desktop

When I load my dataset in PBI (into a groupspace), it works well. I can also save the initial report under a new name with this option still working.

Capture2.JPG

But when I tried to create a report (with Create New Report option) using this dataset, the visual headers are back to "old format" & I can't remove them.

Capture3.JPG

In the groupspace, that would not be an issue as I can always just use the "save as" to create new reports.

But the problem is that this dataset is used in other groupspaces & I'd like to avoid having to load the dataset in each groupspace (too bad as being able to use 1 unique set for all reports in all groupspaces is a clear must).

Does anyone experienced the same issue or know how to deal with this ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found the workaround.

Create new dataset in Desktop using the extisting as source. Then load this new one into the different other workspace.

I now have a report created in each workspace but all conncted to the initial dataset (so only 1 to manage).

+ I can copy these reports as many times as I want without loosing the headers style option.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

What was your rationale for doing this on the service rather than on the desktop?

I tried to create a report (with Create New Report option) using this dataset

I can create the report in Desktop (I did it actually as a workaround) but that won't solve the problem. That means that my unique dataset has to be loaded to each workspace individually where I would like to manage only 1 dataset & connect all report (whatever the workspace they are located) to this dataset. I did it in the past without any issue. I don't understand why suddenly this is no more working.

Managing 4 dataset (1 for each workspace I need it) is a workaounr which works but clearly not easy to handle: everything has to be repeated 4 times: any change to the dataset, security level,... Would be much more easy as it was before.

I found the workaround.

Create new dataset in Desktop using the extisting as source. Then load this new one into the different other workspace.

I now have a report created in each workspace but all conncted to the initial dataset (so only 1 to manage).

+ I can copy these reports as many times as I want without loosing the headers style option.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors