Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

faroukwahsh
Advocate II
Advocate II

Visual Borders Automatically Show on Hover in Power BI Service

The visual borders that show on hover in Power BI Desktop used to not show on hover once the report is published to the service. This is not the case anymore, hovering over any visual in Power BI Service will show the thin grey border around it. Has there been a change recently that allows users to toggle this on and off? Anyone know how to hide the automatic visual borders again? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ersommer
Employee
Employee

The borders when in view mode are a known issue and the fix should start rolling out on Monday.  If you still see the issue late next week, please let us know!

Update (Sep 20th): Fix was deployed to some regions last night.  The remaining regions should be deployed by EOD today (Sep 20th).

Update (Nov 11th): We're aware of a similar issue where borders some focus borders are are unexpectedly appearing on visuals.  The fix is currently being tested and will be rolled out soon.  No ETA is available yet, but I'll provide an update as soon as I get one.

View solution in original post

61 REPLIES 61
jfmatos
Frequent Visitor

I have a border around the published dashboard when I change pages (through a button), but when I click on an object (graphic, image, ...) the boarder disappears. When I change the page again (through a button or image) it appears again. It always appears when navigating sheets/pages. It gets very ugly. This didn't happen before.

One more thing. I verified that it only happens on windows and android systems. On "apple" it doesn't happen.

Hmm, that sounds like our focus border may misbehaving.  I tried to reproduce the behavior, but I'm not seeing the issue.   Can you provide more detailed steps to reproduce?  If you prefer, you can go through Power BI Support.  They can help you gather the needed information and get it routed to the right team.

Hi, as I mentioned, this only happens in published dashboards and when we change/navigate the page (of the same dashboard) through a link (button or image).
The boarder only appears when the new page arrives. Just click on any object on the page (graphic or image, ...) and the border disappears. This does not affect the smooth operation, it is only visual.

Øyvind
Regular Visitor

Im getting borders/shadows on inserted images in Power BI services. Completely destroys the impression of the report. 

currently using Version: 2.110.1161.0 64-bit (October 2022)

Ravichinnannan
Regular Visitor

We are just started seeing this issue in our reports for both chrome and Edge. Is this issue fixed in services?

It should be fixed in all environments. If you're seeing the issue, please contact support with screenshots of the issue you're seeing as well as what cluster/URL you're on. They'll collect the needed info and route it to the correct team. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

I also started seeing the issue again as of today.

DirkFrazier
Advocate I
Advocate I

We just started seeing this issue today in Edge (Version 107.0.1418.26 (Official build) (64-bit)) and Chrome - is it baaaack?

Nart
Frequent Visitor

the solution just reached me today 👍 all seems good again

Mhya
Frequent Visitor

Hello, I just saw this issue today in Power BI Service, my Dashboard has dark background and as you imagine it doesn't look nice hovering slicers and text boxes and showing a light gray almost white border for each element used in a page. Hope it will be fixed asp. 

Thank you.

edhans
Super User
Super User

All - this issue has to be pushed out to a lot of different regions across the world. It is currently affecting me today but wasn't the day the issue was reported, so the bug rolled out over a few days, and the fix will also take a few days to roll out. Since some are reporting it is fixed, I think the only thing the rest of us can do is be patient while it continues to roll out.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
Teedger
Frequent Visitor

This has been fixed for me as of today, 09/20/22. Works in both Chrome and Edge. Thank you!

Could you please share the Edge and Chrome versions you are testing?
My version of Microsoft Edge is  105.0.1343.42 (Official Build) (64-bit).
Still it's not fixed

mcgilla
Advocate III
Advocate III

Still happening as of today

Sangeeth
Frequent Visitor

This is ugly as. It would be just an update to the Power BI service, so hopefully will be rolled out soon

raeesgillani
Advocate I
Advocate I

Just came across this and having the same issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here! any updates?
Thanks!

WernerSchultz

I have the same problem. I've some dashboard presentations that I developed and will have to be rescheduled because of that. This problem spoils our entire template.

Remo_
Advocate III
Advocate III

Having the same issue, extra obvious as we have some reports with dark background. End users not happy... Hope the fix is deployed soon.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors