Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Viewer level access cannot view data

I just found that viewer level access doesn't not always mean the user can view anything.

I need an access level that allows the user to view and interact with the report, but not change, delete or create new reports. This currently works with SQL Server on prem and SharePoint, but not Odata. I have to change the level to contributor or higher to see the report correctly. The only way I've seen to accomplish this requires me to give them RLS. 

Here's the problem with that. I can't give the security group RLS. It won't take the security group name. That defeats the purpose of the AD security groups.

Anyone have any ideas? 

6 REPLIES 6
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

is the security group email enabled?  if so, try with its email address.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Where would I do that? the security group is already in the access list.

in the RLS role membership.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ugh. I can enter them, though they won't show up in the quick find. But I can't save them.

If I have to download each file and fix them individually, this is going to take weeks. 

Microsoft, PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

What's your SKU?  I assume this is not on premium?

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, we're on Pro still.

I thought I found the problem. Someone put RLS on this report, so it was only visible to two people. They must've been testing it, and forgot to remove it. But this wasn't the problem. Still, those with access to the workspace cannot access reports with sources from F&O unless they are Contributor or better. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors