Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lokeshb31
Helper II
Helper II

Viewer access to all Power BI Dashboards

Hello,

One of our team is working on BI stragegy consolidation and as a part of plannning, they want to check all available dashboards in Power BI. Is there any way someone can get access to all Power BI dashboards? Please let me know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @lokeshb31 ,

this is only possible if the person is a member of the workspace that hosts the dashboard or has access to the app that contains the workspace.
Maybe you have to use Powr BI's RESt APIs to find the existing Dashboards: Dashboards - Get Dashboards In Group - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Docs

Hopefully, this provides some ideas on how to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Boj
Helper I
Helper I

It would be really nice if there was a better interface to adjust user access/permissions/security across all datasets/reports, etc.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=e413d9e7-f785-ed11-a76e-281878bd14b2

Hariharan_R
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi

We have Power BI REST API support for individual or Admin. If you are a admin then you can check all the dashboards acorss organiztion. REST API gives you just the list. if you want to see those dashboards then you need to get access to the workspaces.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/admin/dashboards-get-dashboards-as-admin

Thanks

Hari

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @lokeshb31 ,

this is only possible if the person is a member of the workspace that hosts the dashboard or has access to the app that contains the workspace.
Maybe you have to use Powr BI's RESt APIs to find the existing Dashboards: Dashboards - Get Dashboards In Group - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Docs

Hopefully, this provides some ideas on how to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Thanks Tom. I need to provide workspace ID to get all dashboards in a workspace. I also referred https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/power-bi/overview?view=powerbi-ps and got dashboard list but is there any command to get all dashboards workspace wise and with associated users/access?

Finding all workspaces then granting access to each workspace is quite time consuming task. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors