Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

trudigital

View problem for embedded dashboards

This issue started happening about 2 weeks ago now. Basically when embedding a report via an iframe it's forcing the viewport to be very slim and is NO LONGER fitting to screen. No code changes on our end, so we know it has something to do with useragent and/or view port with the PowerBI viewer.

Let's start with a basic PowerBI dashboard:

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiZDZlYmM1ZTQtYTBkZi00OGYzLThiNmUtMDU5Nzc0NDVjNTIyIiwidCI6IjNkO...

This is how it looks on any desktop browser:

20180924_v2.jpg

Looks great! No problems there.

Embed this on an HTML doc:

<iframe src="https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiZDZlYmM1ZTQtYTBkZi00OGYzLThiNmUtMDU5Nzc0NDVjNTIyIiwidCI6IjNkO..." frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="1920" height="1080" seamless allowfullscreen="true"></iframe>

and then load it up on any android media box:

20180924_123546.jpg

Boom -- there's the problem. It's forcing half height for some reason and it didnt' do this ~2 weeks ago.

We've also tried forcing the useragent, no change. Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
trudigital

As of this morning, we have confirmed this issue to be resolved. We don't know how or why, but we are grateful it is working again. Thanks to who ever fixed it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
trudigital

As of this morning, we have confirmed this issue to be resolved. We don't know how or why, but we are grateful it is working again. Thanks to who ever fixed it.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @trudigital,

I can't reproduce your issue. I test on my reports and yours embedded code, both of them works well and haven't faced the display issue.

3.PNG

I think it may related to azure data service, where are you data host on and which site your embed iframe code?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Any update on this?

What device did you try it on?

It works as expected on your computer browser. I'm saying when you send it to an Android tablet (viewing the html file w/iframe) it's getting cut in half.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors