Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

View old refreshes of report

Hi,

I'm converting crystal reports to Power BI and I want to be able to the old versions of the reports even after refreshing the dataset. Is this possible? 

I could see this being possible if the dataset just appends the new refresh and the user could filter by the day refreshed but this large of a dataset could be bad.

Thanks,

Michelle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Generally, It's not able to see the old version of report after refreshing. But there's a tip , if you view the report in service and the dataset is connected with import mode, every time dataset refreshed , report won't update until you refresh it ondemand. that means although the dataset has been refreshed, you still can view the last report until you refersh it manaually.

It's able to append the new refreshed data rather than disregard the old one, you can refer to this post: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Refresh-Data-Append-New-Data-Only/td-p/106102

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Please kindly help mark the above answer as solution if it is helpful, others will benifit from it. thanks! 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

i have an import-mode pbix file, which is a couple of months old.  I'd like to view the data that has cached in it from that version.  When I open the queries, it starts a connection to the server to refresh the preview.  

I want to see the preview (the data source changed and I want to see the old columns of prior version).  Is there a way for me to see this "offline"?

Perhaps turn off my network connection and that will allow me?

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Generally, It's not able to see the old version of report after refreshing. But there's a tip , if you view the report in service and the dataset is connected with import mode, every time dataset refreshed , report won't update until you refresh it ondemand. that means although the dataset has been refreshed, you still can view the last report until you refersh it manaually.

It's able to append the new refreshed data rather than disregard the old one, you can refer to this post: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Refresh-Data-Append-New-Data-Only/td-p/106102

quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors