Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

View filter applied when exporting to PPT

Hi, I need your help!!!  I want to view filters applied on the page or in all pages of a report I'm exporting to PowerPoint from PBI Service.

Let me explain better:  when I export data from a table to Excel there is a row on the top that shows which filters are applied in that visual, for example, "Filters applied Month is December, Year is 2020 etc.".

I want the same row when exporting a report in PPT, referring to filters applied on that page or on all pages of the report.

Is that possible?

Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

The only way I know how to do this would be to put those filters as visuals on the page.  But, I understand how this might cause real estate issues on the screen.  Maybe you could add a visual like "Enlighten Data Story" to display the chosen items.  There is a similar thread here that might be helpful:

Solved: See multiple slicer selections in PPT/PDF export - Microsoft Power BI Community

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

When you click on the “Export to pdf/ppt” option in the Power BI service, you will see the option for you to choose if you want to filter with the Current value(Filtered) or the default value(Not filtered).

v-robertq-msft_0-1614240929613.png

But you can’t see the filter selection in the PDF/PPT file you exported. I suggest you to use the list type slicer which can display the selections to show the filter selections of yours, like this:

v-robertq-msft_1-1614240929616.png

More info about the End-User Filtered Export capabilities

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

The only way I know how to do this would be to put those filters as visuals on the page.  But, I understand how this might cause real estate issues on the screen.  Maybe you could add a visual like "Enlighten Data Story" to display the chosen items.  There is a similar thread here that might be helpful:

Solved: See multiple slicer selections in PPT/PDF export - Microsoft Power BI Community

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors