Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

joshua_modus
Frequent Visitor

Video Tiles Not Showing Up

When I add a video tiles to the dashboard, I am able to see the video.  However, when I share the dashboard the person on the receiving end is unable to see the video. Instead they see a blank tile as shown below.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @joshua_modus,

I will report this issue internally and post back once I get any updates.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @joshua_modus,

Do you share the dashboard to external users? Based on my test, I can reproduce your issue when I share a dashboard containing video tile to users outside my organization. Everything works well when I share the dashboard to internal users.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It is being shared with external users only. Before last Thursday, 4/6, external users were able to see the video tiles. On that day, they stopped working. Is there any work around to let external users to see video tiles? I don't see any security settings. 

Unfortunately, there is only the one account in the organization that we're using specifically for Power BI so I can't test ony my side if it's the same problem.

I was able to create another account in my organization to test and the video tiles are working when shared with another user in the organization. While I'm glad that we've pinpointed the problem, it doesn't help that I am sharing these dashboards with clients and future clients who will not have an account in my organization. 

Hi @joshua_modus,

I will report this issue internally and post back once I get any updates.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Lydia,

Microsoft support got back to me and let me know that this is a bug and will be fixed in next month's update. Thanks for you help!

Hi @joshua_modus,

PG said this issue will be fixed on 5/17/2017.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors