Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shawn_Eary
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Vertical Scrollbar Not Appearing for Matrix

I created a trivial matrix report in Power BI Service; unfortunately, I can't see all of the data because a vertical scroll bar doesn't show up.  Below is an example of what I'm seeing with some of the data changed slightly:

missingVerticalScrollbar.png

How do I get a vertical scrollbar?

NOTE: If I recreate the report in the December 2019 - 64 Bit - Desktop version of Power BI, the needed vertical scroll bar appears...  That will probably be my workaround.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yeah I would suggest changing the page size to the default size and see if it comes back.

I typically have always had it as a default size and it always is there.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Which version of Power BI Desktop are you using?

Also can you make sure that you have clicked on the "Reset to Default" button on the page when viewing it?

Power BI Blog

Which version of Power BI Desktop are you using?

The problem first appeared in a report that I exclusively created in the online O365 version of Power BI. I created a new similar report in Desktop 2.76.5678.782 64-bit (December 2019) and the vertical scrollbar initially appeared, but now the scrollbar is missing even in the desktop version of Power BI. If I were to hazard a guess, the scrollbar disappeared on the desktop version when I resized the report page, but I don't yet have a good guess as to why it dissapeared on the online O365 generated version of the report.

Also can you make sure that you have clicked on the "Reset to Default" button on the page when viewing it?

Not sure where the "Reset to Default" button is but the scrollbar seems to come up in the online version when I set the report in "Focus Mode" so I guess my dissapearing scrollbar may have something to do with page size. I suppose if the page size is too small, then the vertical scrollbar will not appear.

Yeah I would suggest changing the page size to the default size and see if it comes back.

I typically have always had it as a default size and it always is there.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors