Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ConnorH
Employee
Employee

Version history problem (Combining two online power BI datasets?)

Hi all,

I was trying to decide which forum section to post this in and was not 100% on if this would be a service related problem or Power query. My goal is to have a report that will give me changes in the data from each refresh. The data comes from sharepoint and I dont have access to any logs which i could use for version history. My thought process for a work around would be to have my main dataset (dataset1) and duplicate it (dataset2) and then combine these datasets. I could have an hourly refresh on dataset1 and a daily refresh on dataset2. Then I can find the differences between them and highlight them in a report. I am not sure if it is possible to have two online datasets and combine them or duplicate all tables within the dataset and set them on different refreshes though so I am looking for some advice.

2 REPLIES 2
ponnusamy
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@ConnorH : What is the source from sharepoint? is it a file from sharepoint folder or list?

Online Sharepoint Lists

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors