Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ConnorH
Employee
Employee

Version history problem (Combining two online power BI datasets?)

Hi all,

I was trying to decide which forum section to post this in and was not 100% on if this would be a service related problem or Power query. My goal is to have a report that will give me changes in the data from each refresh. The data comes from sharepoint and I dont have access to any logs which i could use for version history. My thought process for a work around would be to have my main dataset (dataset1) and duplicate it (dataset2) and then combine these datasets. I could have an hourly refresh on dataset1 and a daily refresh on dataset2. Then I can find the differences between them and highlight them in a report. I am not sure if it is possible to have two online datasets and combine them or duplicate all tables within the dataset and set them on different refreshes though so I am looking for some advice.

2 REPLIES 2
ponnusamy
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@ConnorH : What is the source from sharepoint? is it a file from sharepoint folder or list?

Online Sharepoint Lists

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors