Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

KaneG
Regular Visitor

Variation in colours displayed in Power BI Service

Hi, hoping someone might be able to shed some light on an issue I have encountered.

I have a report with a line chart visualisation and a chiclet slicer, with a default selection on the slicer that displays 4 data series.

When using the Power BI Service app (downloaded from the Windows Store), I access the report through a dashboard tile and I see these 4 series in the default colours.  This is as they appear in the dashboard tile.

Capture2.PNG

However when my colleagues access the same report on their machines, again using the Power BI app and the dashboard tile, they see different colours. 

Capture.PNG

Following some investigation I have determined that on my colleagues machines the report is allocating the default colours across ALL data series (regardless of the default chiclet selection) in alphabetical order, and then displaying only the 4 selected series.  My machine is allocating the default colours to the default selection in alphabetical order first, then to the remaining non-selected data series.  I can't see any settings that could be changed to account for this difference.

The report is functioning correctly when viewed through powerbi.com, it is only in the app that this issue occurs.  

Has anyone else experienced this, and does anyone know how to fix this so that all users get a consistent experience?

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@KaneG

I haven't exactly reproduced your issue. It supposes to be always allocating colors for default selection on Power BI Service. As I tested, when going offline, like in Power BI Desktop, the color allocation is always over all data series.

Since the Power BI Mobile (the app you download from Windows Store) has offline capatibility which means it can cache the data offine. See: View your data offline in the Power BI mobile apps

So please have your colleagues connect network and sync the data in Power BI app to see if the issue still persists.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@KaneG

I haven't exactly reproduced your issue. It supposes to be always allocating colors for default selection on Power BI Service. As I tested, when going offline, like in Power BI Desktop, the color allocation is always over all data series.

Since the Power BI Mobile (the app you download from Windows Store) has offline capatibility which means it can cache the data offine. See: View your data offline in the Power BI mobile apps

So please have your colleagues connect network and sync the data in Power BI app to see if the issue still persists.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

This appears to have resolved the issue, thanks very much for your help!

Kind regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors