Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

maserr
Helper IV
Helper IV

Values on Slicer

Hi there,

I have an application published on my Power BI Service. I have several slicer and when I consume my application and use these slicers I found that the next time I use the application, the slicers are set with the last configuration chosen.

I would like to enter to the application and to obtain the default values I set when defining the slicers, not the last option I use. P.e.: if I have the Year slicer set to 2020 (default selection) but in the case I want to navigate throw the information of 2018, next time I open the application I want to see 2020, not 2018.

Hope I have explained right,

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi, that is because microsoft has changed the default behaviour for reports. This is a report option and not an app one. In order to accomplish the default values you are looking for, you must go into each report settings and change the option: "Don't allow end user to save flters on this report" (it's the first one). This spanish post might help you to walkthrough.

https://blog.ladataweb.com.ar/post/611048296911339520/powerbi-configuración-de-informe

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi, that is because microsoft has changed the default behaviour for reports. This is a report option and not an app one. In order to accomplish the default values you are looking for, you must go into each report settings and change the option: "Don't allow end user to save flters on this report" (it's the first one). This spanish post might help you to walkthrough.

https://blog.ladataweb.com.ar/post/611048296911339520/powerbi-configuración-de-informe

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors