Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

olimilo
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Vague error message on (scheduled/on demand) dataflow refresh

I've been getting this error when trying to refresh my dataflows:

There was a problem refreshing your dataflow. {"RootActivityId":"..."}

When I try to save changes to the queries in the dataflow, I get a vague error message saying:

Can't save workflow
Unknown exception

I tried disabling Enhance Compute Engine but I'm getting a Status Code 400 when applying changes.

I've already checked our data for errors and could not locate any. This issue happens both on a dataflow that has a refresh schedule and one that does not.

Has anyone encountered this? This was the only relevant thread I could locate and there doesn't seem to be any clear way of resolving it based on that thread.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Dataflows-refresh-errors/m-p/786834

3 REPLIES 3
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@olimilo ,

Is your workspace V1? If it is V1, this is a known issue that has been submitted internally (ICM#: 258091404)

The solution is to upgrade the workspace from V1 (classic) to V2 (new).

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I did but all my dataflow tables are under Pending Validation status. They're not loading any data when I use them in a dashboard.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

If you have a Pro license you can raise a Pro ticket with Microsoft at support.powerbi.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors