Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

brett87qb

Using Sharepoint to automatically update Service

I am trying to move our Power BI's data source so we utilize the Get data->Files->Sharepoint - Team Sites so that the service automatically updates based on changes to the .pbix. Is there a way to point existing reports to the .pbix's in sharepoint so I don't have to delete the existing report, then "Get Data" and then share with all the users, set up refresh schedule on every report?

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

As far as I know there is no way to get this done.

Please be aware that if you ever move the PBIX to a different location in SharePoint Team site it will loose the mapping to the PBIX, because it uses an internal ID.

Here are more details: https://powerbi.tips/2019/09/updating-pbix-files-in-sharepoint-dos-donts/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

It looks like you are correct. When I went to do this, it actually created a 2nd report and 2nd dataset with the same name! Certainly was not the result I was expecting or hoping for. It definitely feels like a bug to be able to have 2 reports, datasets named the same thing within the same workspace...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors