Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Q&A and Connect Power Bi with Analysis Service

Hello,

I used PowerBI to create a model from an SQL satabase Datasource..

I build model on PowerBI and a Dashboard..

everything went fine and Q&A worked with me fine ..

the problem appeared when I tried to create a PowerBI Dashboard on Analysis Service DataSource..

the Q&A feature didn't work with me however I activate Q&A feature from site..

why it worked with PowerBI model but didn't work with AS model

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

According to your description, you connect live to SQL Server Analysis Services data sources from Power BI Service and wants to use the Q&A feature, right? If that is the case, what version of your SQL Server Analysis Service?

As per this article, currently, the Q&A feature is only available for SQL Server 2016 Analysis Services data sources. Based on my test, when I connect to SQL Server 2016 Analysis Services tabular model, Q&A works as expected, you can check the following screenshots.
1.png2.PNG

However, when I connect to SQL Server 2014 Analysis Services tabular model, Q&A is not working. Thus, please ensure that you are connecting to SQL Server 2016 Analysis Services data sources.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

According to your description, you connect live to SQL Server Analysis Services data sources from Power BI Service and wants to use the Q&A feature, right? If that is the case, what version of your SQL Server Analysis Service?

As per this article, currently, the Q&A feature is only available for SQL Server 2016 Analysis Services data sources. Based on my test, when I connect to SQL Server 2016 Analysis Services tabular model, Q&A works as expected, you can check the following screenshots.
1.png2.PNG

However, when I connect to SQL Server 2014 Analysis Services tabular model, Q&A is not working. Thus, please ensure that you are connecting to SQL Server 2016 Analysis Services data sources.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors