Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Maures
Frequent Visitor

Using Power BI service without an Office 365 account (Power BI Desktop)

Hi everyone,

i've created a report file with my Power BI desktop version and i have a question:

I have a office 365 license, so i can use service and publish my dashboards, so i can print them (in power bi desktop it is impossible?).
But if i will use my dashboards on another PC that hasn't a office license, how can they use this service? They can use a personal email?

Thank you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
CahabaData
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

let's see if I can explain this correctly:  Your O365 account has an administrator. The admin can see/manage all users - and buy them the PBI Pro license.

Users with the PBI Pro license then can receive & share PBI dashboards. 

The physical PC is of no matter - it is all in the cloud, and the users' email addresses are already part of the O365 registration.

www.CahabaData.com

View solution in original post

Power BI Service is intentionally not allowing registration via public email services i.e. gmail, etc.

As your post is in the Service forum - I didn't expect the question to be about the PBI desktop software; yes - one can exchange the pbix file to others with desktop loaded of course that is no problem.  I myself do not print much so I'm not as familiar with that but also there is pdf output - so it probably is there.

www.CahabaData.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CahabaData
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

let's see if I can explain this correctly:  Your O365 account has an administrator. The admin can see/manage all users - and buy them the PBI Pro license.

Users with the PBI Pro license then can receive & share PBI dashboards. 

The physical PC is of no matter - it is all in the cloud, and the users' email addresses are already part of the O365 registration.

www.CahabaData.com

sorry but i didn't understand.

this is my situation: i have prepared some dashboards with power bi desktop and i need to give them to other users.

can they use my .pbix file on their PCs with their power bi desktop without problems?

how can they print my dashboards on their PCs? only way is do screenshot?

another question: if i want to use my personal email (eg. gmail.com) to subscribe to power bi, can i use pbi service or not?

thank you.

Power BI Service is intentionally not allowing registration via public email services i.e. gmail, etc.

As your post is in the Service forum - I didn't expect the question to be about the PBI desktop software; yes - one can exchange the pbix file to others with desktop loaded of course that is no problem.  I myself do not print much so I'm not as familiar with that but also there is pdf output - so it probably is there.

www.CahabaData.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors