Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Helvetica Neue with Power BI

Hi,

I have a requirement of using Helvetica Neue font in my Power BI reports instead of the standard fonts. I have created a custom theme with font type as Helvetica Neue and when imported can see the same as an option under Fonts. 

The same though is not visible as text with the visuals either in PBI Desktop or Service even when viewed from a device having the font installed.

Would appreciate any help I can get on this!

Thanks in Advance!

6 REPLIES 6
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can use a custom font in Power BI.  Here is a video on how to do that:

Use a CUSTOM FONT with Power BI Desktop!!! | Guy in a Cube

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @collinq ,

Thank you for taking time to respond.

I have followed all the steps as shown in the video and while I am able to see Helvetica Neue as a font option in the drop down, the report text and labels still are not displayed in Helvetica Neue.

Hey @Anonymous ,

To confirm and to make sure I udnerstand, are you saying:

1. When you go to the specific visual, and go to the Format option you are unable to change that visual from the standard font to your font?

collinq_0-1616533083450.png

Or:

2. That you do see your font, you do select it and you still do not see a change in the visual(s)?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @collinq,

The latter is true for me. As summarized by you in the second option, I do see Helvetica Neue as a custom font in the drop down, am able to select it as well but on doing so the visuals still do not reflect the font.

Thanks!

Hey @Anonymous ,

If you can see the font and you can select the font then I would turn in a ticket - it appears that something is not "translating" in the background - where Microsoft control resides.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @collinq ,

Have raised a ticket with Microsoft and will update once I get some closure on this.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors