Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Users were asked to upgrade to Pro

Hi,

When user with Free license tried to access reports, its  prompting to Upgrade to Pro.

Tried publishing with both local and shared workspace. Facing issue with both.Can someone guide me 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous,

that is correct behaviour, because whenever you share reports (or dashboards or apps) you both need a Pro license.

This is an excerpt from the documentation:

With sharing, whether you share content inside or outside your organization, you need a Power BI Pro license. Your recipients also need Power BI Pro licenses, unless the content is in a Premium capacity.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

User with Power BI Pro license could share report with people outside my organization, but people outside my organization also need Power Bi pro license.

If people outside my organization with free license and still want to see the report, only when workspace is in Premium capacity  able to achieve.

Click here to learn more details.

v-luwang-msft_0-1616054537060.png

Wish  it is helpful for you!

Best Regard

Lucien Wang

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Can you tell us about your current license? Because it looks like nickyvv said, "it is the correct behaviour".

You should know that pro license is required for builder and reader users. You can't share or be shared without a pro license.

If you have a premium capacity in your workspace you can share with free users, but the only way is adding them as viewers  (role) in the workspace.

Hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous,

that is correct behaviour, because whenever you share reports (or dashboards or apps) you both need a Pro license.

This is an excerpt from the documentation:

With sharing, whether you share content inside or outside your organization, you need a Power BI Pro license. Your recipients also need Power BI Pro licenses, unless the content is in a Premium capacity.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors