Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Users outside organization cannot access dashboard

I am trying to share a dashboard with users outside our organization. For some dashboards, the users have no problem accessing them when shared through the Power BI service. For others, however, the users receive a message that they do not have access to the dashboard, even though the dashboard was shared with them. 

I checked and made sure that Row-Level Security is not enabled on the dataset.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior, and if so, how did it get solved?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please describe more details about these problem dashboard? We need to know that if the dashboards are contained in group workspace, and what is the data source of these dashboards and if you set schedule refresh for the involved datasets.

Based on my test, if dashboards contain Power BI pro content, external users will receive the following error message that you mentioned when trying to open the shared dashboard.
Capture111.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please describe more details about these problem dashboard? We need to know that if the dashboards are contained in group workspace, and what is the data source of these dashboards and if you set schedule refresh for the involved datasets.

Based on my test, if dashboards contain Power BI pro content, external users will receive the following error message that you mentioned when trying to open the shared dashboard.
Capture111.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous make sure when you share with users, email notification is checked and they do receive email saying dashboard has been shared with them. If they get email it should also have a link to the dashboard which should open that. Also you can send them dashboard URL by copying it from your browser and if they don't have access to that dashboard they can request access to it and you will receive email saying access has been requested.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors