Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jeronimo2334
Helper III
Helper III

Users get redirected to */groups/me/getdata after clicking on a link for */sharedwithme

Steps to replicate:

• Share a report with an AD group.
  • Provide the sharedwithme link for power bi to a user from said group. (app.powerbi.com/sharedwithme)

Expected result:

• The user should be redirected to the 'shared with me' page of power bi.

Actual result

• The user gets redirected to app.powerbi.com/groups/me/getdata instead.

After some investigation I was able to reproduce this only with an account that had never had any reports shared with it previously.

Meaning, when you share a report with an AD group, the service doesn't recognize it as an actual shared report, thus redirecting the user to the getdata page.

The same thing will happen if you manually go to the sharedwithme page and hit refresh, always redirects to the get data page.

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jeronimo2334 

In this scenario, can users from this AD group see data from the app.powerbi.com/groups/me/getdata page?

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi @v-juanli-msft ,

I'm not sure what you mean but the point is that the service redirects you to the wrong page if you don't have reports shared with you directly. Again, this happens on virgin accounts, that were basically empty prior to this event, meaning had not had any reports shared with them in the past.

I am attaching a gif thas shows what's happening. Only this time it redirects to the home page. I am guessign that is because I favorited the report so there was something registered to show in the home page so the next available page was the home page instead of the getdata page. This example shows what happens when you refresh the page, but the same thing happens when you visit the url from a different site, making it confusing for the users to visit that link.

serviceRedirect.gif

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors