cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Users cannot access the dashboard

Hi ,
This is an urgent issue I have now. Please let me know what I can do.

I have two Workspaces having one dashboard respectively. Both the dashboards are having the same dataset.

My WorkSpace -> dashboard1 (dataset1)

Workspace2 -> dashboard2 (dataset1)

When i share the dashboards to respective users. The shared users in the dashboard2 cannot open the dashboard. 
WhatsApp Image 2020-05-09 at 11.05.54 AM.jpeg

Can anyone help me with it ? The dataset is origined from MyWorkspace. I dont want Users of dashboard2 to see the report of dashoard1 in MyWorkspace.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Glad to hear the issue is gone. Please accept your reply as the solution. Your contribution is highly appreciated.

In addition, you can share the dashboard separately. Steps are as follows:

1. Share the dashboard to someone.

share.PNG

2. After sharing, go to "Access" page -> "Manage permission".

share2.PNG

3. Click the report and it will turn to report access/permission page. Remove the access of report. Then, the user can only have access to your dashboard but not to your report.

share3.PNGshare4.jpg

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous 

Please refer the below link to solve your issue.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/quot-Permission-required-quot-to-access-dashboard-error-but/td-p/393461

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @

BR

venal.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @venal ,
Thanks for the reply. Even after removing access and resharing the dashboard, the user was not a part of the access as the dataset was orgin from another dashboard. So for Dataset I have enabled access to the users and the issue resolved.

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Glad to hear the issue is gone. Please accept your reply as the solution. Your contribution is highly appreciated.

In addition, you can share the dashboard separately. Steps are as follows:

1. Share the dashboard to someone.

share.PNG

2. After sharing, go to "Access" page -> "Manage permission".

share2.PNG

3. Click the report and it will turn to report access/permission page. Remove the access of report. Then, the user can only have access to your dashboard but not to your report.

share3.PNGshare4.jpg

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
November 2022 Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2022 updates!

Microsoft 365 Conference â__ December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference - 06-08 December

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power BI Dev Camp Session 27

Ted's Dev Camp

This session walks through creating a new Azure AD B2C tenant and configuring it with user flows and custom policies.

Top Kudoed Authors