Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jlkrawcyk
Regular Visitor

Users cannot access Power BI report

Hi,

I have many Power BIs within a workspace, The access is managed by group mailboxes vs individual based on the workspace. Nothing has changed.

Recently (my guess is something to do with the upgrade) I have a few users (who have access to the workspace via the group) are not able to view any newly published Power BIs. The Power BIs are not direct query and they have access to the underlying data. I have another Power BI published with the same Data Source and they can see it with no issue.

I have even tried to manager their acess by adding the directly, but this does not work as well. Does anyone have any solution.

We have cleared cache, restarted, re-published the dashboard and removed and add the access via the group again as well.Error.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
jlkrawcyk
Regular Visitor

Hi,

They do, nothing has changed, but I did publish it in another workspace and they can see if just fine. The workspace has the same exact permissions so this is very confusing.

Yeah that does sound confusing. I would double check everything. Typically there is one small change that needs to be made.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

jlkrawcyk
Regular Visitor

Hi @GilbertQ ,

Yes I have done that, they have not been removed from the group. I have also added them indivudually to the dataset and this does not work either.

Thanks,

Jordan

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @jlkrawcyk 

I would make sure that the users have got the Manage permissions on the underlying dataset.

If the groups do have access in the underlying dataset, I would then check to make sure that the users are in those groups. Maybe the users have been removed from a specific group?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors