Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cailloux
Frequent Visitor

Users can't export data anymore on a published report

Hi,

what kind of option I have to choose if I want to allow user to export data in a published report but prevent them to access the right panel (vizualisation and tables) ?

I've found how to hide the visual header before publishing, but since then, viewers can't export data.  Maybe its an option I changed in another location (in the https://app.powerbi.com/groups) ?

Thanks a lot !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks,

I didn't see the reply before, there is an exemple of report published without the full right panel options but with exports capabilities (I have delete some graphs) :

Sans titre.png 

Thank you very much !

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Maddy99
Resolver II
Resolver II

Currently there is not a solution to this. with disableing the headers also the export function disapeard. 

on the idea forum there is a suggestion to control the header per visual. https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/33566500-allow-visual-header-cont.... maybe this could work.

or as an out of the box solution, clik on the "analyse in excel" option. it is not perfect but maybe it work for you. 

prihana
Helper V
Helper V

Capture.PNG

Isnt the right panel is by default disabled when you share the report?

Hi, thanks for the reply :

Yes, the right panel has been disabled :

- Before publishing I choose  "hide the visual header"

Capture.JPG

In the app.powerbi.com/groups I choose "user can only see the Power Bi content" (its in french below) :

Capture2.JPG

Is there a way to prevent edition but to keep the export data option in the visuals without republishing the entire model (this option) :

Capture3.JPG

Should I do it without republishing the entire report ? I've tried to change these options without success (in one case it show the right panel and people can change everything - in another users can't export useful data in the visuals),

Thanks a lot !

Thanks,

I didn't see the reply before, there is an exemple of report published without the full right panel options but with exports capabilities (I have delete some graphs) :

Sans titre.png 

Thank you very much !

in this last picture everything is a you want?

no edit options for the user, like deleting or changing, but they can still export. 

Exactly !

Hi,

So what kind of option do I need to choose to have this publication result for user (no edit option - but eport data ok) ?

Thanks !

You can disabled the edit option by ad users as a member of the workspace and slecect the "Members can only view Power BI content"and still make the headers visiable.  

the only thing user can change are things that are only visable for them. like filters or sort tables and charts. but those changes are not visable for the other viewers. 

Editworkspace.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors