Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Boe
Frequent Visitor

Users asked to upgrade to Pro?

Hi,

Before this issue,There was no problems for our free users to see the reports that published in the workspace.Now Same Reports asked users to upgrade to pro license.How can we solve this problem?

P.S:Not all our free users having this issue

P.S2: I publish my reports with a Pro License.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @Boe 

You need to get a pro license for them or assign premium capacity to the workspace where the current report resides.

PPU does not support free user access to your reports. Your recipients also need Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) licenses, unless the content is in a Premium capacity.

Share Power BI reports and dashboards with coworkers and others 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Boe 

A Pro licence can only share reports with other Pro licences, not Free. To share Reports with a Free licence holder, the organisation requires a Premium Capacity licence and for the content to be on a Premium Capacity Workspace.

What I suspect has happened is that when the free users were invited to view the Report you shared with them, they also were invited to Trial a Pro licence free for 60 days. This has allowed them to view the Reports for the last 60 days but as the trial runs out they revert to Free users, unable to view the Report. This would also account for why some can still see the Report as they signed on to the Pro trial licence later than their colleagues and so still have a number of days of their trial licence to run.

Going forward you Free licence users will each need a Pro licence to view Report you have shared with them.

see: Power BI service features by license type - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Hope this helps

Stuart

Hi @Burningsuit ,

Thank you for your solution suggestion.

Here, I want to ask additionally, If in our organization want to access our dashboards which is created by a user having Power BI - Pro Licence,  Do I need to get a pro license for them or is it enough for me to get a premium license (PPU) myself?. Otherwise we need to buy  premimum per capacity license.

What should be  our option btw them ?

Thank you.

Hi, @Boe 

You need to get a pro license for them or assign premium capacity to the workspace where the current report resides.

PPU does not support free user access to your reports. Your recipients also need Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) licenses, unless the content is in a Premium capacity.

Share Power BI reports and dashboards with coworkers and others 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors