Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ky3kwok
Regular Visitor

Users are prompted to request access on first try even though they already have access

I am using Office 365 Group for access control. New members (never use Power BI before) are added to a particular group e.g. PBI_FINANCE_GROUP. Power BI Pro license are assigned to members of this group.

Then, we added this PBI_FINANCE_GROUP to the Access screen.

ky3kwok_0-1627009610388.png

Then, we ask users to try while some users got the prompt "Let's get you permission to view this report" the first time they try to view it. However, the report opens without issue going forward if they just close and reopen their browser and try again?

ky3kwok_0-1627010076771.png

Any way to resolve?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ky3kwok ,

You could refer this blog about automatically-install-apps .

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You have to ask your tenant admin to consider enabling that setting.  I wouldn't do it in our tenant as we have thousands of apps, and everything would slow to a crawl, but your mileage may vary.

ky3kwok
Regular Visitor

Thanks Ibendlin!

I am a report developer and not familiar with the Office 365 Admin, tenant, etc. May I seek for your advice is it possible to enable app (power bi?) install for those users with Power BI Pro Licenses? Is yes, need to write a Power Shell script?

Thank you in advance.

Hi @ky3kwok ,

You could refer this blog about automatically-install-apps .

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

No, users need to "register the app" the first time.  Unless you want to enable automatic app install in your tenant - which you absolutely shouldn't do.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors