Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

prill2ta
Advocate II
Advocate II

Users Can Not See Premium Backed Reports

Hello, 

I have three workspaces (all backed by Premium). 

One has an app. Two do not. 

I have shared all 3 workspaces with my organization as viewers.  This works great for the App, it's respective workspace, and one of the other workspaces. 

The weird thing is - the third workspace will only allow my organization to view it if they have 'Member' status or higher. 

Why is this? Is there a setting that I'm missing? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @prill2ta 

The reason is that a user who views Power BI Premium content with a free license can only view data in a read-only state.

For the 2 apps where you have enabled them with the Viewer role, they can only view the data and NOT change the data.

The Member roles permissions means that they can edit data, and therefore will need a Power BI Pro license.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @prill2ta 

The reason is that a user who views Power BI Premium content with a free license can only view data in a read-only state.

For the 2 apps where you have enabled them with the Viewer role, they can only view the data and NOT change the data.

The Member roles permissions means that they can edit data, and therefore will need a Power BI Pro license.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors