Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FlyingTuga

User specific dashboard?

Greetings

I'm a newbie to Power BI (and way more a power excel user than a developer), and I am trying to build a dashboard that shows user specific data (in this case their utilization, their billed hours, etc.).

Is there any way to build a report/dashboard that only displays that user relevant data?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bjoern
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Yes, row-level data access works with the SSAS MD. But right now you can not publish reports based on SSAS MD to the Power BI Web-Service (but I guess it will come at some point in time).

// In Fact the Row-level based security also works with Azure SQL DB and also very likely soon with SQL Server 2016 (on-prem or IaaS).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@FlyingTuga You can start with SSAS Tabular modeling to have row level access to data. You can check link here & here

Is it possible with multidimensional model as well?

Bjoern
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Yes, row-level data access works with the SSAS MD. But right now you can not publish reports based on SSAS MD to the Power BI Web-Service (but I guess it will come at some point in time).

// In Fact the Row-level based security also works with Azure SQL DB and also very likely soon with SQL Server 2016 (on-prem or IaaS).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors