Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

User part of security group is getting 'you dont have access' while accessing workspace

Hi, 

I am using a security group to grant perms to workspace. The group contains 7 members, after setting up the access, I asked the member of this group to access the workspace and he gets 'sorry, you don't have access to that group' and I am not following why. See screenshot below from azure for security group and the same being used for perms provision at workspace level.

learningPbidev_0-1660344797785.pnglearningPbidev_1-1660344848083.png

the user part of this security group when tries to access the workspace with the link to the workspace I provided, he gets below error. 

image (4).png

If someone knows what the issue could be here, please assist.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems that it took some time for access provision through security group, there was a dealy but now its working. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems that it took some time for access provision through security group, there was a dealy but now its working. 

That is great, if my guess was right then please mark it as solution so that it can help others as well

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

It is difficult for us to replicate this but then you should take help of your Power BI admin.

The steps that you have showed looks OK.

The only thing we can say , may the members are not actually tagged to your group properly there

Thanks,

Ritesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors